CAN REIKI HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS?
Obesity is a serious problem for people all across the world. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control, more than one-third of adults qualify as obese, and an even greater number are overweight. Obesity can lead to a number of health complications, including a higher risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and other such conditions.
Because of obesity’s significant impact on an individual’s health and well being, people are always looking for new, more effective ways to lose weight.
Fortunately Reiki therapy helps in weight loss as it helps in reducing stress and live a balanced life. You can use Reiki in a proper way to loose extra weight and remove obesity.
THE DANGERS OF OBESITY
People who suffer from obesity may experience a variety of associated problems. Obesity may contribute to the development of:
- Heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep problems
- Erectile dysfunction
Carrying extra weight can also cause an individual to feel self-conscious, embarrassed and unattractive. Over time, this can lead to mental health issues, such as low self-esteem, anxiety and depression.
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO OBESITY
Obesity is often the result of multiple contributing factors. According to the Mayo Clinic, these factors may include:
- Poor eating habits – When someone eats unhealthy foods that are high in sugar and carbohydrates, they are more likely to become obese. Skipping meals, eating large portions and failing to eat an adequate amount of fruit and vegetables can also lead to obesity.
- Lack of exercise – People who live sedentary lifestyles with little to no physical activity may become obese.
- Certain medications – Some medications contribute to obesity by making weight gain more likely.
- Lack of sleep – If an individual isn’t getting the proper amount of sleep or is sleeping at odd hours, hormonal changes may occur. This can lead to changes in appetite, as well as cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Genetics and hormonal influences – Some people may be more likely to become obese because of hereditary factors, as well as hormonal imbalances in the body.
HOW REIKI CAN HELP
Regardless of the exact cause of a client’s obesity, Reiki may be beneficial as a weight loss aid. Some of the ways in which Reiki may help with weight loss are detailed below.
- Factors Contributing to Obesity – Regardless of the exact cause of a client’s obesity, Reiki may be beneficial as a weight loss aid. Some of the ways in which Reiki may help with weight loss are detailed below.
- Reiki reduces stress – One of the primary uses of Reiki involves the reduction of stress. Stress is a common problem experienced by a significant portion of the population. Because stress has been shown to increase cortisol levels and contribute to weight gain, it stands to reason that reducing stress could be beneficial for clients who are trying to lose weight.
- Reiki may improve sleep patterns – Reiki sessions may be helpful to clients who have gained some weight because they aren’t sleeping well. Because Reiki may reduce stress and contribute to relaxation, clients may be able to get better, more restful sleep after treatment. This may contribute to better hormonal balance and a more normal appetite, which will help to prevent further weight gain and facilitate weight loss.
Keep in mind that, although Reiki may be beneficial to clients who are attempting to lose weight, it will be most effective when used in conjunction with other weight loss treatments. Other weight loss methods that patients may combine with Reiki sessions include better eating habits, increased physical activity and weight loss medication. Some Reiki practitioners even believe that engaging in Reiki sessions may enhance the effectiveness of each of these other weight loss methods by making clients more aware of their bodies’ nutritional needs, stabilizing their appetites and reducing unhealthy cravings.
Location : Plot No.479/665, Aiginia ( Near Post Office), Bhubaneswar, Orissa – 751019, India,
Mobile : (+91) 8895174633, (+91) 7978456151,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Hours : Monday – Sunday, 10 am – 8 pm
Leave a Reply